Session Detail: Classroom 2 Day
In this two-day course, you will focus on learning the tools and skills necessary to troubleshoot VMware vSAN™ 6.6 implementations. You will gain practical experience with vSAN troubleshooting concepts through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on challenge lab exercises. In this two-day course, you will focus on learning the tools and skills necessary to troubleshoot VMware vSAN™ 6.6 implementations. You will gain practical experience with vSAN troubleshooting concepts through the completion of instructor-led activities and hands-on challenge lab exercises.
This course requires completion of one of the following prerequisites:
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
- Completed the VMware vSAN Deploy and Manage [V6.x] course or equivalent experience with VMware vSAN.
- Experience working with linux command line interfaces.
The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client
- Create and manage VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers, clusters, hosts, and virtual machines
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Connect a VMware ESXi™ host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] and VMware vSAN: Deploy and Manage [v6.x] courses before enrolling in VMware vSAN: Troubleshooting.
Who Can Benefit
- Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Introductions and course logistics
- Lesson 2: Course objectives
Module 2: vSAN Software Architecture
- Lesson 1: Describe the different software components
- Lesson 2: Understand how the components relate to each other.
- Lesson 3: Understand vSAN object placement
- Lesson 4: Understand the differences between object states
- Lesson 5: Explain how storage policies affect object placement and states
- Lesson 6: Predict how specific failures affect object states
Module 3: Troubleshooting Methodology
- Lesson 1: Characterize problems
- Lesson 2: Determine the cause of problems
- Lesson 3: Solving problems
Module 4: Troubleshooting Tools
- Lesson 1: Understand the use of various troubleshooting tools
- Lesson 2: Use the tools to resolve problems with the lab environment
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!