Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 1 Day
In this workshop, you will work with a media publishing company to design a hybrid cloud disaster recovery solution. You will design the solution to handle large spikes in load and harden the security to include encryption of Payment Card Industry (PCI) data. Additionally, you will implement an archival strategy to keep database sizes in check.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – SQL Server hybrid cloud
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – SQL Server hybrid cloud
- Lesson 1: SQL Backup solution
- Lesson 2: Implement a Data Archive Strategy with SQL Server Stretch Database
- Lesson 3: Build SQL Availability Group for Database Disaster Recovery
- Lesson 4: Configure Azure Site Recovery for Web Tier DR
- Lesson 5: Failing Over to the Disaster Recovery Site
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!