Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
In this workshop, you will work as a group to setup and configure a serverless architecture within Azure using a combination of Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Event Grid, Cosmos DB, and Azure Storage. The focus is on removing server management from the equation, breaking down the solution into smaller components that are individually scalable, and allowing the customer to only pay for what they use.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Serverless Architecture
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-On lab – Serverless Architecture
- Lesson 1: Azure data, storage, and serverless environment setup
- Lesson 2: Develop and publish photo processing and data export functions
- Lesson 3: Create functions in the portal
- Lesson 4: Monitor your functions with Application Insights
- Lesson 5: Explore your data in Azure Cosmos DB
- Lesson 6: Create the data export workflow
- Lesson 7: Configure continuous deployment for your Function App
- Lesson 8: Rerun the workflow and verify data export
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!