Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 5 Day
For PMP® Certification: 4500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for holders of a baccalaureate degree) or, 7,500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for high school graduates)
For CAPM® Certification: 1,500 hours of PM experience over the past two years (for holders of a baccalaureate degree) or, 2,500 hours of PM experience over the past two years (for high school graduates)
The PMP Certification Exam Prep course provides participants with full preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certifications. The interactive course format provides participants with hands-on experience on all of the PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition concepts, including comprehensive learning activities on each of the 42 project management processes.
Students will need to purchase the PMP exam directly from www.pmi.org after the class with proof of attending the course.
At Course Completion
Upon course completion, students will understand:
- The requirements for the PMP® credential, the application process, and learn about the exams, examples of their content, and how to study for them.
- Keys to answering PMI’s® questions, tricks for exam-taking; practice and learning exercises are included.
- The PMBOK® Interpretation Matrix, Project Management Framework, Project Management Process.
- The five Project Management Process Groups, and their key inputs and outputs.
- The Project Management Knowledge Areas, and the processes related to each one, with their related inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs.
- Professional and Social Responsibility.
Lesson 1 – Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Project Management Framework
Lesson 2 – Project Management
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Context
Lesson 3 – Initiating
- Initiating Process Group
- Develop Project Charter
- Identify Stakeholders
Lesson 4 – Planning (Part 1 of 4)
- Planning Process Group
- Develop Project Management Plan
- Collect Requirements
- Define Scope
- Create WBS
Lesson 5 – Planning (Part 2 of 4)
- Define Activities
- Sequence Activities
- Estimate Activity Resources
- Estimate Activity Durations
- Develop Schedule
Lesson 6 – Planning (Part 3 of 4)
- Estimate Costs
- Determine Budget
- Plan Quality
- Develop Human Resources Plan
- Plan Communications
Lesson 7 – Planning (Part 4 of 4)
- Plan Risk Management
- Identify Risks
- Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
- Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
- Plan Risk Responses
- Plan Procurements
Lesson 8 – Executing (Part 1 of 2)
- Executing Process Group
- Direct and Manage Project Execution
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Acquire Project Team
- Develop Project Team
- Manage Project Team
Lesson 9 – Executing (Part 2 of 2)
- Distribute Information
- Manage Stakeholder Expectations
- Conduct Procurements
Lesson 10 – Monitoring & Controlling (Part 1 of 3)
- Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
- Monitor and Control Project Work
- Perform Integrated Change Control
- Verify Scope
- Control Scope
Lesson 11- Monitoring & Controlling (Part 2 of 3)
- Control Schedule
- Control Costs
- Earned Value and Forecasting
Lesson 12 – Monitoring & Controlling (Part 3 of 3)
- Perform Quality Control
- Report Performance
- Monitor and Control Risks
- Administer Procurements
Lesson 13 – Closing
- Closing Process Group
- Close Project or Phase
- Close Procurements
Lesson 14 – Professional and Social Responsibility
- Professional Responsibility and Code of Ethics
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!