Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
This workshop is designed to help you gain a better understanding of how to integrate and deploy complex open-source software (OSS) workloads into Azure Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). You will migrate an existing MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js) stack application from a hosted environment into Azure PaaS services, and fully embrace modern DevOps tools.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – OSS PaaS and DevOps
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – OSS PaaS and DevOps
- Lesson 1: Run starter application
- Lesson 2: Migrate the database to Cosmos DB
- Lesson 3: Containerize the app
- Lesson 4: Set up Web App for Containers
- Lesson 5: Configure CI/CD pipeline
- Lesson 6: Create Azure Function for order processing
- Lesson 7: Create Logic App for sending SMS notifications
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!