Session Detail: Classroom 3 Day
SharePoint 2013 is everywhere! And the SharePoint Designer tool has reached the critical mass and ease of usability to where the tool and its many uses should be a skillset in the realm of all business professionals including IT professionals, developers, managers, project leads, project managers, and team leads just like Excel.
This 3-day instructor-led course is designed to get you rolling with a clear understanding of common functionality for frequent use of SharePoint. Today we need to maximize the out-of-the-box functions and tweak them to fit our ever-changing needs. Think Excel functionality, then think of all that you can do with it. We start out-of-the-box, then add. After this class you will be able to use SharePoint Designer 2013 to do the same, maximizing both your company’s and your personal investment.
- Basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of what you want to do either now or in the future with SharePoint 2013 workflows.
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for all business professionals including IT professional, developers, managers, project leads, project managers, and team leads, but we do not expect coding skills, just thinking skills!
Module 1: Course Overview
- Lesson 1: Introduction
- Lesson 2: Course Materials
- Lesson 3: Facilities
- Lesson 4: Prerequisites
- Lesson 5: What We’ll Be Discussing
Module 2: SharePoint 2013 Workflows
- Lesson 1: What Is A Workflow?
- Lesson 2: What Is New In SharePoint 2013 Workflows?
- Lesson 3: The Main Building Blocks
- Lesson 4: Types Of Workflows
- Lesson 5: Workflow Associations And Subscriptions
- Lesson 6: Workflow Visualizations
- Lesson 7: Optional Module Topics
Module 3: SharePoint 2013 Out-Of-The-Box Workflows
- Lesson 1: Content Types
- Lesson 2: Workflow Tasks Lists
- Lesson 3: Out-Of-The-Box Workflows
- Lesson 4: Workflow Planning
Module 4: SharePoint Designer 2013 Workflows
- Lesson 1: Workflow Interop
- Lesson 2: SharePoint 2013 Designer Workflow Interface
- Lesson 3: Workflow Ribbon Commands
- Lesson 4: Understanding the Workflow GUI
- Lesson 5: Naming and Messages
- Lesson 6: Workflow Parameters
- Lesson 7: Stages, Steps and Parallel Blocks
- Lesson 8: Reusable Workflows
- Lesson 9: Workflow Associations and Subscriptions
- Lesson 10: Workflow Best Practices
Module 5: Workflows Using SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visio 2013
- Lesson 1: Comparing Text to Visual Designer
- Lesson 2: SharePoint Designer 2013 Visual Designer
- Lesson 3: Errors in Workflows with Visio 2013
- Lesson 4: Packaging Workflows
Module 6: Concept Reinforcement Scenarios
- Lesson 1: Scenario 1
- Lesson 2: Scenario 2
- Lesson 3: Scenario 3
- Lesson 4: Scenario 4
- Lesson 5: Scenario 5
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!