Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 2 Day
This workshop teaches IT Professionals how to migrate existing on-premises workloads and assets to the cloud, specifically to the Microsoft Azure platform. Students learn how to assess and evaluate an existing on-premises environment in preparation for a cloud migration. Students also learn how to monitor and optimize their Azure-based workloads to maximize return on investment (ROI), and use Azure services to protect and manage your virtual machines, applications, and data.
- IT Administrators start this role with experience in operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking. In addition, IT administrators should have experience or equivalent knowledge in administering an IaaS Azure infrastructure.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including VMs, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, domain controllers, replication, Kerberos protocol, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery, including backup and restore operations.
- Familiarity with using Azure, including the Azure portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and ARM template.
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory and cloud identity management.
- Understanding of management of subscriptions, users, groups, and billing, and Azure policies.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is for IT Administrators and staff who need to plan, implement, and manage migrations of on-premises resources to Azure, or to replicate Azure virtual machines to other Azure locations. They take business requests from workload owners to migrate workloads to the cloud in order to take advantage of the benefits that a cloud-enabled strategy provides over a traditional datacenter approach. This role requires communicating and coordinating with different individuals within the organization’s IT department and business groups, as well as vendors.
Module 1: Planning and Assessing and Azure Migration
- Lesson 1: Cloud Migration Business Motivations, Goals and Outcomes
- Lesson 2: Discovery and Assessment
Module 2: Introduction to Data Migration
- Lesson 1: Azure Data Box
- Lesson 2: Database Migration
Module 3: Implementing Migration using Azure Migrate Services
- Lesson 1: Overview of Azure Migrate Server Migration
- Lesson 2: VMware – Agentless Migration
- Lesson 3: VMware – Agent-based Migration
- Lesson 4: Securing Migrated Workloads
- Lesson 5: Datacenter Migration using Microsoft Migration Factory
Module 4: Backup and Disaster Recovery in Azure
- Lesson 1: Azure Backup Overview
- Lesson 2: Implementing Azure IaaS Backup
- Lesson 3: Azure to Azure Site Recovery
- Lesson 4: Application Disaster Recovery
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!