Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
In this workshop, you will look at the process of migrating an on-premises data warehouse to Azure SQL Data Warehouse. Throughout the whiteboard design session and hands-on lab, you will look at the planning process for data warehouse migration, identifying schema and data incompatibilities, efficiently migrating data from on-premises databases to the cloud, data distribution in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, migrating ETL jobs to Azure Data Factory, and supporting ad-hoc workloads in an Azure SQL Data Warehouse through Azure Analysis Services.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Migrate EDW to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Lesson 1: Configure Azure Services
- Lesson 2: Data and schema preparation
- Lesson 3: Migrate the data to Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Lesson 4: Investigate table distribution in Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Lesson 5: Create an Analysis Services Model
- Lesson 6: Visualize data with Power BI Desktop
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!