Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 2 Day
This two-day course will provide foundational level knowledge on cloud concepts; core Azure services; security, privacy, compliance, and trust; and Azure pricing and support.
Note: This course provides an Azure pass and time for students to participate in hands-on labs. If you do not need hands-on experience, consider the AZ-900T01: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (1 day) course. The content for both courses aligns with the AZ-900 exam objective domain.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, the more technical knowledge a student has the more they will understand the cloud.
Who Can Benefit
This course is suitable for IT personnel who are just beginning to work with Azure. This audience wants to learn about our offerings and get hands-on experience with the product. This course primarily uses the Azure portal to create services and does not require scripting skills. Students in this course will gain the confidence to take other role-based courses and certifications, such as Azure Administrator. This course provides an Azure pass and optional lab environment. This course combines lectures, demonstrations, and hands-on labs. This course will also help prepare someone for the AZ-900 exam.
Module 1: Cloud Concepts
- Lesson 1: Why Cloud Services
- Lesson 2: Types of Cloud models
- Lesson 3: Types of Cloud services
After completing this module, students will be able to:
- Define cloud computing and its key advantages.
- Explain public, private, and hybrid cloud models.
- Explain IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud services.
Module 2: Core Azure Services
- Lesson 1: Core Azure Architectural components
- Lesson 2: Core Azure Services and Products
- Lesson 3: Azure Solutions
- Lesson 4: Azure management tools
Module 3: Security, Privacy, Compliance, and Trust
- Lesson 1: Secure network connectivity
- Lesson 2: Core Azure identity services
- Lesson 3: Security tools and features
- Lesson 4: Azure governance methodologies
- Lesson 5: Monitoring and reporting
- Lesson 6: Privacy, compliance, and data protection standards
Module 4: Azure Pricing and Support
- Lesson 1: Azure subscriptions
- Lesson 2: Planning and managing costs
- Lesson 3: Azure support options
- Lesson 4: Azure Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Lesson 5: Service lifecycle in Azure
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!