Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
In this workshop you will use the unique benefits of Internet of Things (IoT) to build a smart city solution to help improve traffic and public transportation in New York City. Use a combination of the power of the cloud, along with IoT Edge devices to provide anomaly detection of city buses, engine anomalies and aggressive driving detection, location broadcasting to update bus route status, and to send traffic information to help inform the timing of traffic lights. Traffic lights will also receive new IoT devices that can help detect maintenance and performance issues, such as voltage irregularities. Easily view all this information through a centralized reporting dashboard provided by Azure Time Series Insights. Use the IoT Remote Monitoring starter solution to manage and simulate IoT devices, set alerts, and view data on a map.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – IoT and the Smart City
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – IoT and the Smart City
- Lesson 1: Set up the IoT Remote Monitoring solution environment
- Lesson 2: Provision of additional Azure services
- Lesson 3: Create bus and traffic light simulated devices, and add alerts and filters
- Lesson 4: Create an IoT Edge device and custom modules
- Lesson 5: Create an Azure Function to add critical engine alerts to the Service Bus Queue
- Lesson 6: Run a console app to view critical engine alerts from the Service Bus Queue
- Lesson 7: Create an Azure Function to ingest critical engine alerts and store them in Cosmos DB
- Lesson 8: View critical engine alerts in the IoT Remote Monitoring web interface
- Lesson 9: Add a tag to IoT Edge Device Twin
- Lesson 10: View all data in Azure Time Series Insights
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!