Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 1 Day
This workshop will guide you through an implementation of an end-to-end IoT solution simulating high velocity data emitted from smart meters and analyzed in Azure. You will design a lambda architecture, filtering a subset of the telemetry data for real-time visualization on the hot path, and storing all the data in long-term storage for the cold path.
No prerequisites are required for this course.
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Internet of Things
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Internet of Things
- Lesson 1: Environment setup
- Lesson 2: IoT Hub provisioning
- Lesson 3: Completing the Smart Meter Simulator
- Lesson 4: Hot path data processing with Stream Analytics
- Lesson 5: Cold path data processing with HDInsight Spark
- Lesson 6: Reporting device outages with IoT Hub Operations Monitoring
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!