Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
This one-day, instructor-led course is designed for all end-users who are interested in learning how to use the new features and functionality that are available in the Windows 8 Operating System. It is designed for an audience at all levels of technical expertise, from casual users to administrators of previous Windows versions. The goal of this class is to instruct students on the capabilities available to end-users as a part of the Windows 8 Operating System and to enable students to become comfortable using the Windows 8 interface.
In this course, students will learn how to log onto Windows 8, explore the new components of the interface, customize the Start Page and desktop, manage files and folders, and browse the internet.
Previous experience using a Windows desktop operating system
Who Can Benefit
This course is intended for anyone who is interested in learning the new interface of Windows 8.
Module 1: Getting Started with Windows 8
- Lesson 1: New Features of Windows 8
- Lesson 2: Consistent User Experience
- Lesson 3: Exploring the Windows 8 User Interface
- Lesson 4: Microsoft Accounts
Module 2: Navigating and Personalizing Windows 8
- Lesson 1: Presenting the Modern UI
- Lesson 2: Using Tiles
- Lesson 3: Working with the Task Bar
- Lesson 4: Working with Charms
Module 3: Applications in Windows 8
- Lesson 1: Windows 8 Apps Overview
- Lesson 2: Basic Windows 8 Apps
- Lesson 3: Internet Explorer 10
Module 4: Managing Files and Folders
- Lesson 1: Browsing and Organizing Files
- Lesson 2: HomeGroup
- Lesson 3: Connecting Windows 8 Devices
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!