Session Detail: Virtual 3 Day
From enterprise analysis and scope definition to requirements determination and conceptual design, the Fast Start® in Business Analysis workshop gives analysts a thorough understanding of the entire Systems Development Life Cycle.
About this Course
From enterprise analysis and scope definition to requirements determination and conceptual design, the Fast Start in Business Analysis workshop gives analysts a thorough understanding of the entire Systems Development Life Cycle. Replete with both hard and soft skills, this three-day course builds a sound strategy for analyzing business processes and demonstrates how to apply concepts and practical techniques within the context of an experiential learning environment. Students emerge from this workshop with a solid foundation of business analysis thinking as well as a greater understanding that doing the right things is just as important as doing things right.
Module 1: Introduction
- Lesson 1: Defining Business Analysis
- Lesson 2: What is Business Analysis
- Lesson 3: What is a Business Analyst?
- Lesson 4: International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
- Lesson 5: Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Lesson 6: Today’s Approach to Business Analysis
- Lesson 7: The Systems Development Life Cycle
- Lesson 8: Approvals
Module 2: Enterprise Analysis
- Lesson 1: What is Enterprise Analysis?
- Lesson 2: Enterprise Analysis Activities
- Lesson 3: What Has Changed?
- Lesson 4: What Information Should We Gather for Enterprise Analysis?
- Lesson 5: How Should We Collect This Information?
- Lesson 6: Types of Information to Collect
- Lesson 7: Sources of Information
- Lesson 8: How Does Enterprise Analysis Help the Project?
- Lesson 9: Real World Application
Module 3: Requirements, Assumptions and Constraints
- Lesson 1: Effective Requirements Practices
- Lesson 2: Requirements
- Lesson 3: Types of Requirements
- Lesson 4: SMART Requirements
- Lesson 5: Identifying User Requirements
- Lesson 6: Functional Requirements
- Lesson 7: Quality of User Requirements
- Lesson 8: Quality of Service Requirements
- Lesson 9: Assumptions
- Lesson 10: Constraints
- Lesson 11: Real-World Application
Module 4: Defining a Solution
- Lesson 1: Solution Definition
- Lesson 2: System Improvement
- Lesson 3: System Redesign
- Lesson 4: Review Project Scope
- Lesson 5: Conceptual Design Creates Change
- Lesson 6: Process Improvement
Module 5: Defining the Project Scope
- Lesson 1: An Approach to Project Definition
- Lesson 2: Step One—Identify Issues
- Lesson 3: Uses for Issues
- Lesson 4: Step Two—Recognize Future Benefits
- Lesson 5: Step Three—Identify the Function
- Lesson 6: Areas/Stakeholders and Sponsor
- Lesson 7: Stakeholder
- Lesson 8: The Project Sponsor
- Lesson 9: Step Four—Diagram the Functional Flow
- Lesson 10: Step Five—Define the Project Scope and Objectives
- Lesson 11: Scope Exclusions
- Lesson 12: Real World Applications
Module 6: Procedure Analysis
- Lesson 1: Preparing for Analysis
- Lesson 2: What Information Should We Gather to Analyze?
- Lesson 3: Why Perform Procedure Analysis?
- Lesson 4: Definitions
- Lesson 5: Performing Procedure Analysis
- Lesson 6: Process Flow Modeling
- Lesson 7: Why Create Models?
- Lesson 8: Symbols used in Process Flow Models
- Lesson 9: Swim Lane Diagram
- Lesson 10: Guidelines for Creating Swim Lane Diagrams
- Lesson 11: Process Scripts
- Lesson 12: Old Procedure
- Lesson 13: Process Script Procedure
- Lesson 14: Real World Application
Module 7: Interviewing
- Lesson 1: Why Interview?
- Lesson 2: Preparing for the Interview
- Lesson 3: Interviewing Structure
- Lesson 4: Question and Listening Techniques
- Lesson 5: Listening for Requirements
- Lesson 6: Holding the Interview
- Lesson 7: Real World Application
- Lesson 8: Systems Development
- Lesson 9: Organizational Change
- Lesson 10: Impact Analysis
- Lesson 11: Process Improvement Impact
- Lesson 12: Systems Development Impact
- Lesson 13: Organizational Change Impact
- Lesson 14: Real World Application
Module 8: Solution Implementation Planning
- Lesson 1: Systems Development Life Cycle Review
- Lesson 2: Phases for Implementation Planning
- Lesson 3: Planning to Implement the Future Changes
- Lesson 4: Visualizing the Project Schedule for Implementing
- Lesson 5: Step 1—Break the Project Down into Tasks
- Lesson 6: Step 2—Assign Resources
- Lesson 7: Step 3—Estimate Time
- Lesson 8: Step 4—Sequence the Tasks
- Lesson 9: Step 5—Chart the Plan
- Lesson 10: Real World Application
Module 9: Management Presentation
- Lesson 1: Business Case Decision Package
- Lesson 2: What’s in this Management Presentation?
- Lesson 3: Presentations
- Lesson 4: Rehearsal and Practice Run
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!