Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 3 Day
Learn to deploy and manage VMware Cloud on AWS in three days. Our foundation building course is available online and in-person, so you get an education that fits your busy schedule. Our instructors are certified, and we provide you with free support after your course is completed. Enroll today!
This three-day course teaches you skills for deploying and managing a VMware CloudTM on AWS infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and labs, you deploy and manage the VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware vSphere® features that build a foundation for a hybrid infrastructure. You also discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Anyone planning to migrate, build, or hybridize with VMware Cloud on AWS can benefit from this course.
- Understand concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.7] course or a later vSphere version.
- Equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESXiTM and VMware vCenter Server®.
- High-level understanding of VMware vSANTM and VMware NSX-TTM Data Center.
Who Can Benefit
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Introductions and course logistics
- Lesson 2: Course objectives
- Lesson 3: Identify additional resources for after this course
- Lesson 4: Identify other VMware Education Offerings
Module 2: Introduction to VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 1: Why choose VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 2: Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 3: Billing and pricing
Module 3: Managing the SDDC and Creating Virtual Machines
- Lesson 1: Creating and managing users in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 2: Deploying and accessing SDDCs
- Lesson 3: Creating Virtual Machines
Module 4: Networking in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 1: Overview of VMware Cloud on AWS networking
- Lesson 2: Networking design of VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 3: Networking operations
- Lesson 4: Inter-SDDC networking
Module 5: Storage on VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 1: VMware vSAN in VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 2: Stretched clusters
- Lesson 3: External storage integrations and solutions
Module 6: Working with On-Premises vSphere
- Lesson 1: Hybrid linked mode
- Lesson 2: Hybrid Cloud Extension
- Lesson 3: Migrating Virtual Machines
- Lesson 4: vSphere permissions
Module 7: Scaling the SDDC and Managing Hosts
- Lesson 1: Sizing the SDDC
- Lesson 2: Cluster management
- Lesson 3: Adding and removing hosts
- Lesson 4: Host remediation
Module 8: Resource Management and Availability
- Lesson 1: VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource SchedulerTM and Elastic DRS for VMware Cloud™ on AWS
- Lesson 2: vSphere HA
Module 9: Using Other VMware Products with the SDDC
- Lesson 1: Site Recovery Add-On Service
- Lesson 2: VMware Horizon®
- Lesson 3: VMware vRealize® Suite
- Lesson 4: VMware Log IntelligenceTM
- Lesson 5: Using APIs with VMware Cloud on AWS
Module 10: Maintaining and Troubleshooting VMware Cloud on AWS
- Lesson 1: Best practice maintenance
- Lesson 2: Support and staying up to date
- Lesson 3: Common troubleshooting steps
- Lesson 4: Next steps to use VMware Cloud on AWS
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!