Session Detail: Virtual 5 Day
About this Course
CVPD is for Cisco customers, partners, and employees involved in UCCE/CVP or CVP Stand-alone deployments. This class is for application developers, programmers, sales and pre-sales, technical support, and project managers to learn to script in CVP Call Studio and VXML Server.
CVPD Scripting Part 1 or programming experience in Call Studio.
- String functions: substring, string length, string replace, toUpper, toLower, charAt, etc.
- Math functions: round, floor, ceiling, truncate, random numbers, etc.)
- Date functions: date or time arithmetic, validate dates, create formatted date/time variables
Module 2: REST Web Service calls and XML: Learn to work with RESTful web services
- Testing RESTful web service interface in a Web Browser using Rest Client Extension
- Learn XPath syntax to parse XML response and using free online tools
- How to use the Studio REST Client Element and to parse XML responses in Studio
- Fetchtimeout and Fetchaudio review
Module 3: REST Web Service calls and JSON:
- Learn JSON syntax, how to parse JSON responses, and test using free online tools
Module 4: SOAP Web Services: Understand how to invoke a SOAP and WSDL based web services
- SOAPUI to test web service connection outside of Studio
- Using the Studio Web Services Element
Module 5: Database: Use the SQL Database element in Studio
- Select data and execute stored procedures on a SQL-based database
- Select multiple rows into XML and parse the result
- Event Handling to catch exceptions and switch to backup database
Module 6: Modularization and Multiple applications
- SubFlows – Subroutines (or â€˜functions) for reusability and readability
- Subdialogs – Calling another Studio application as a subroutine
- Application Transfers – Go to another Studio application without returning
Module 7: Event Handling: Adding event handling globally, in subflows, or element-level
- LastException variable
- Adding Your Own Event Handling for Java Exceptions, VoiceXML Events, Custom Exceptions
- Creating an Error Element to catch any unhandled exceptions
- Use Cisco Log Parser Tool
Module 8: Speech Recognition: Working with Nuance Speech Recognition
- Understanding grammars: builtin, inline, external
- Using Studio Digits, Number, Currency, YesNoMenu elements, Confirm if necessary
- Studio Form Element to build a menu, invoke builtin grammars, point to URI-based grammars
- Work with multiple results (N-Best list) Global Commands (HotLinks)
There are no labs for this course.
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!