Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
In this workshop, you will build a proof of concept (POC) that will transform an existing PaaS application to a container-based application. This POC will deliver a multi-tenant web app hosting solution leveraging Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Docker containers on Linux nodes, and migration from MongoDB to CosmosDB.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – Cloud-native applications
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Cloud-native applications
- Lesson 1: Create and run a Docker application
- Lesson 2: Deploy the solution to Azure Kubernetes Service
- Lesson 3: Scale the application and test HA
- Lesson 4: Setup load balancing and service discovery (Infrastructure Edition)
- Lesson 5: Working with services and routing application traffic (Developer Edition)
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!