Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 1 Day
In this workshop, you will look at how an existing IaaS deployment can be redesigned and updated to account for resiliency and in general high availability. Throughout the whiteboard design session and hands-on lab you will look at the various configuration options and services to help build resilient architectures.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Session – Building a Resilient IaaS Architecture
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Call to action: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Call to action: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – Building a Resilient IaaS Architecture
- Lesson 1: Prepare connectivity between regions
- Lesson 2: Build the DCs in for resiliency
- Lesson 3: Build web tier and SQL for resiliency
- Lesson 4: Configure SQL Server Managed Backup
- Lesson 5: Validate resiliency
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!