Session Detail: Classroom 1 Day
In this workshop, you will gain a better understanding on the steps involved in modernizing legacy on-premises applications and infrastructure by leveraging cloud services, while adding a mix of web and mobile services, all secured using Azure Active Directory.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course, http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/azureessentials
Who Can Benefit
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the About this Course and At Course Completion areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – App modernization
- Lesson 1: Review the customer case study
- Lesson 2: Design a proof of concept solution
- Lesson 3: Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – App modernization
- Lesson 1: Migrate the database to Azure SQL Database
- Lesson 2: Provision App Services
- Lesson 3: Identity and security
- Lesson 4: Upload PDFs to blob storage
- Lesson 5: Create serverless API for accessing PDFs
- Lesson 6: Create an Azure Search service
- Lesson 7: Configure Key Vault
- Lesson 8: Configure and deploy the Contoso Insurance Web API
- Lesson 9: Configure and deploy the Contoso Insurance web app
- Lesson 10: Configure and run the legacy desktop (Windows Forms) application
- Lesson 11: Configure and run the mobile application
- Lesson 12: Create a Flow app to send push notifications
- Lesson 13: Create an app in PowerApps
- Lesson 14: Add Azure Function to Azure API Management
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific needs. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!