Session Detail: Classroom, Virtual 5 Day
This five-day workshop is intended to provide hands-on experience to anyone aspiring to pass the VMware VCAP 6.7 certification exam. This course covers all the exam objectives and provides maximum practical exposure to various vSphere administration and configuration issues.
This class requires completion of the following course: VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] Experience with working at the command line is helpful. The course presumes that a student can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling. If you cannot perform all these tasks, VMware recommends that you complete one of the prerequisite courses.
- Create VMware vCenter Server® objects, such as data centers and folders.
- Create a virtual machine using a wizard or a template.
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® vMotion®.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource SchedulerTM cluster with resource pools.
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster.
Who Can Benefit
Experienced system administrators aspiring to pass VCAP 6.7 certification exam.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Introductions and course logistics
- Lesson 2: Course objectives
Module 2: Create and Deploy vSphere 6.x Infrastructure Components
- Lesson 1: Configure and manage Auto Deploy configurations
- Lesson 2: Configure advanced system settings
- Lesson 3: Deploy and configure core management infrastructure components
- Lesson 4: Deploy and configure Update Manager components
- Lesson 5: Perform virtual machine configurations
Module 3: Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Storage Infrastructure
- Lesson 1: Implement complex storage solutions
- Lesson 2: Deploy and configure vSAN
- Lesson 3: Troubleshoot complex storage solutions
Module 4: Deploy and Manage a vSphere 6.x Network Infrastructure
- Lesson 1: Implement and manage vSphere 6.x Standard Switch (vSS) and Distributed Switch (vDS) networks
- Lesson 2: Troubleshoot a vSphere 6.x network implementation
Module 5: Configure a vSphere Deployment for Availability and Scalability
- Lesson 1: Implement and maintain vSphere availability solutions
- Lesson 2: Implement and manage DRS solutions
- Lesson 3: Troubleshoot vSphere clusters
Module 6: Configure a vSphere Deployment for Manageability
- Lesson 1: Manage a vSphere environment using command line tools
- Lesson 2: Manage and analyze vSphere log files
- Lesson 3: Configure and manage Content Library
Module 7: Configure a vSphere Deploy for Performance
- Lesson 1: Utilize vSphere performance monitoring tools
- Lesson 2: Optimize virtual machine resources
Module 8: Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Recoverability
- Lesson 1: Deploy and manage vSphere Replication and vSphere Data Protection
- Lesson 2: Backup and recover vSphere configurations
Module 9: Configure a vSphere 6.x Environment for Security
- Lesson 1: Manage authentication and end-user security
- Lesson 2: Manage SSL certificates and encryption keys
- Lesson 3: Secure and encrypt a virtual machine
Need to train your team?
All of our sessions can be customized to meet your team’s specific need. Build the perfect program by picking and choosing topics from any of the courses in our catalog. A personalized private session gives you the ultimate flexibility and helps maximize your team’s valuable time!